So it has been an interesting few months, not only are school classes very different from what I'm accustomed to taking, I have also stumbled across two money-making possibilities.
1. Writing online articles for $9 per article. I started 3 weeks ago and was doing 2 articles a week, now I'm doing 5 per week (but it's completely flexible, if I don't have the time to do them I can take less in a given week). It's not a huge source of income but it's nice to have some income at all. I can also do it on my own time as long as I submit them by friday night each week. Honestly with all my school training it's almost natural to get them done ahead of time and submit them. At 5 articles a week it's $45 dollars, roughly $180 per month (no tax, just straight to paypal) Now $180 isn't really enough to do much in a month, but it's nice to have that little bit extra that I can use or put into savings.
2. I just got back from a demo thing for Mary Kay. I found out that Jenny has been selling Mary Kay products and wants to do this instead of her full time job so that she can be a full time student and start being serious about finishing her degree. Well, instead of the push being for me to buy some, it was actually for me to start selling! It seems very much possible to work around my schedule and earn a full-time salary doing part-time work. I really don't feel any great urge to do it, but it is a very logical possibility and not only do I have connections of women who I can sell to, it has the possibility to go hand-in-hand with photography. Jeff is supportive of me doing it, but I really want to pray about it more before I decide. I know that regardless, I do want to support Jenny and do whatever I can to help her out. I just can't help the senarios playing in my mind, there's a lot of people I think I could recruit and have work under me if it came to that.. who knows. Now, a downside is that this semester is especially busy so I don't know that I would have extra time to do this. But it is possible so I might explore it.
it's really such a strange and exciting time in my life. Gotta enjoy it while it lasts.
on another note I've been feeling very strongly lately that I need to cut back on the facebook games, it's just so hard to pick which ones to keep and which to let go. Once I think I'm done with one, I give away stuff (no point wasting things that other people are spending time trying to get) and then my interest gets renewed, or it leads me to another game OR they introduce something new that makes me keep playing >.< gah. I really do want to play less, I just need to figure out how many facebook games is reasonable, and set boundaries for myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment