got a wedding card from one of my parents' supporters and a distant relative of mine, this person doesn't know me or Jeff but I was just so touched by the words on the card. It reads:
How to make a beautiful life together
Reflections on Marriage for the Bride and Groom
Let love be your shelter. The world is noisy and confusing at times, so make a home that is a haven, a peaceful place where you can listen to your hearts and savor the comfortable closeness you share.
No matter how busy your days may be, make time for yourselves. Hold hands. Unwind. Surprise each other. Find little chances every day to show you're grateful to be partners, to be friends, to be married.
Life is not perfect. You will make mistakes, but each time you meet life's challenges together, you will grow wiser, stronger, and surer of your love.
Cherish your yesterdays. They are irreplaceable souvenirs of your journey through life. Make memories that will bring smiles and sighs whenever you look back. (Look back often!)
Look forward too. Dream together. Plan together. Make promises to keep. Believe in your tomorrows, because tomorrows are what forevers are made of.
To make love last, put each other first. That is the way to make a beautiful life together, the kind of life you both deserve so much.
it's so sweet, and such good advice! I just thought I'd share it.
I can't believe that I'm getting married in only 18 days. It seemed so far away when it was 10 months away, and now it seems too soon, am I ready? The list of things left to do is shrinking bit by bit.
And I'm so excited hearing about people's plans to be here! The past few weeks, I've found out about another 2 friends who can confirm their trips! It's such a blessing and when I'm not stressed about it, I'm excited to see everyone. No room for nervousness yet! There's really a lot going through my mind lately - and I'm feeling a real calling to reach out to the girls and women around me. Seriously, America is a hard place for a female to grow up in, there is just so much around you telling you that you aren't good enough. I feel such compassion for the girls who believe that. Please pray for me, I'm still not sure how exactly I can help, and I've also discovered that most girls don't listen to other girls about this kind of stuff. Advice is welcome too! Hey, maybe I can use my photography in some way..
School was the roughest semester I've ever had for Spring 2009, but in His divine grace, I got the best possible grades in all five classes! God is so good, there is no way I could have done that on my own strength, not while also planning a wedding! That almost counts as another 2 classes! So I survived, and I was able to be joyful through the semester. I'm meeting some really nice people in school, and I'm glad! Some kindred spirits, to put it in Anne of Green Gables terms.
Well, I have a lot of other things on my mind, like thank God for Suzie, Jenny and all the other people giving their help in the wedding planning. I just realised that my mommy will be here on friday (that's in 3 days!) and will probably jump in with both feet to help me too! Exciting!
Also I'm really wanting to get the house all set up for Jeff.. if it were up to me I'd just clean and have things moved in already, but I'm blessed with a man who wants things to be ready before he takes the next step. Gosh, marriage is going to be such an adventure! We're 2 people who are so different in so many ways.. and yet we're both committed to each other, and God is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment