Thursday, December 18, 2008

thoughts

This semester I've had many thoughts cross my mind, some while riding the bus to and from school, some while talking to people close to me, some while filing out forms. Now that school is over with for a while, I find myself with the disturbing problem of having nothing to be writing, taking photos of, developing, studying or printing. Therefore I suppose I shall share some of the thoughts in reverse order.

Yesterday I signed up to be on the list for marrow donors, and while filling out the form I had one of those strange, life-defining moments. Part of the form was giving the information of two people close to me, but who did not live with me. The reason for this was in the event that I was a match for someone who needed an urgent marrow donation, and they were unable to reach me with the information I provided the program would have two people to contact to find out where I was and how to find me. Well, the first one was easy to fill in but when I tried to think of a second person I was at a total loss. Truth is, there isn't anyone else who is close to me and who would know where I was at any given moment. It's not like I could put down a contact from Singapore. Finally I put down Suzie's info, even though she lives in Montana and only talks to me about once a week. I felt like an island. Odd, odd dilemma.
Am I that unfriendly?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haaa, I feel that all the time. Only difference is, I'm in Singapore, but all my good friends aren't ;)